Who We Are:
Romero Mentoring is reshaping the way students learn finance education to be job-ready. We provide one-on-one finance career mentoring programs to college students through our custom-designed mentoring/EdTech platform. Our successful training and mentoring formula is a new and better learning experience for students.
We are a purpose and mission-driven team that helps students and professionals achieve their careers goals. We are looking for entrepreneurial, strategic, action-oriented individuals who are not afraid of hard work and have a passion for education and reshaping the future of education.
About The Position:
We are in a high growth phase and are looking for an experienced, full-time, Investment Analyst & Mentor to help execute our company’s strategy. The ideal candidate must have at least two years of relevant professional experience; investment banking experience is a plus. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who want exposure to investing, mentoring junior talent, and strategic planning.
This role is highly multifaceted and dynamic. In addition to applying your expertise in financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and valuation analysis, we expect you to play a significant role in managing and mentoring students participating in our career mentoring and internship programs. Candidates will play an integral role in our student’s development by providing career guidance, reviewing assignments, delivering constructive feedback, and sharing mentor’s professional experience to help connect with students.
This is an outstanding opportunity for high-achieving individuals who want to be part of a rapidly growing company that offers various paths for personal and professional development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Investment Analyst Role (60% – 70%)
- Actively engage in generating investment ideas for the Education Fund (Romero Mentoring’s personal fund) mandate
- Draft and publish equity research reports on target companies for the Romero Mentoring community feed
- Perform extensive business, industry, and financial due diligence on target companies
- Create detailed, scenario-based financial models to perform discounted cash flow, comparable trading, precedent transaction, leveraged buyout, and accretion/dilution M&A analysis
- Prepare information memoranda and other transaction-related documentation
- Create content (video, text, etc.) for our Romero Mentoring community feed channels which include investing ideas, mentoring, career guidance, and financial news information
Mentor Role (30% – 40%)
- Assist with mentoring, training, and the development of career mentoring students and interns
- Manage and review students’ and Junior Equity Research Interns’ deliverables
- Help build rapport with mentee students by answering questions with thoughtful responses
- Provide feedback in a professional and constructive manner
- Maintain confidentiality and terms outlined in the mentorship agreement
- Underling that the mentorship relationship is not a tutoring service, however, if the mentee needs support with work, the mentor can be helpful
- Complete Romero Mentoring’s mentor training program
- Assist with ongoing business development initiatives including, but not limited to, building client relations, promote company products, conduct market research, host informational webinars
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance, economics, or a related field)
- Two years of analysis and financial modeling experience; Investment Banking or M&A experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirited and self-motivated
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Exceptional academic record
- Committed and proactive individual with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience with corporate valuations and an understanding of third-party due diligence
- Advanced use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a self-starter, with a driven and positive attitude, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Work under minimal management and supervision
- Salary: Competitive, equity option plan available
- Bonus: Performance bonus available
- Significant growth potential
- Financial Analyst: 2 years (Required), investment banking, equity research, or similar role a plus
- Analysis skills: 2 years (Required)
- Financial modeling and valuation skills: 2 years (Required)