Econ Major Analyst Prep Student Breaks into Investment Banking
Julio Contreras enrolled in our 2020 program as a rising sophomore from Florida International University (FIU). Attended a non-target school and faced similar of the challenges individuals with his background face when pursuing competitive career opportunities in the world of finance. Julio joined our program to develop the professional skills and experience necessary to become a top performer and secure full-time opportunities.
- After completing the Analyst Prep program, he received an internship offers at BNP Paribas a top tier boutique Investment Banking firm.
- After his BNP internship he received a full-time return offered at the firm. The skills he gained in our program allowed to become a top performing intern making him stand out from his peers.
- He also received an internship offer a LionGrove, LLC, a Private Equity firm in Miami, Florida.
Julio attended a non-target school from Florida and was at a disadvantage compared to target school individuals pursuing careers in investment banking and private equity. In addition, Julio was not able to find valuable internship opportunities during his sophomore year. Julio also lacked technical and soft skills which are necessary to demonstrate when recruiting for career opportunities.
We provided Julio with our formula, which includes over 196-hour of structured training, mentoring, internship, and career development.
- Julio received essential training in excel, accounting, valuation, and financial modeling.
- Gave him homework assignments in financial modeling, pitch book presentations and valuation that were reviewed during live classes to ensure he fully understood the course material.
- We also provided Julio with career training and an internship, where he received high levels of responsibilities to simulate on-the-job situations. For example, he prepared an investment analysis on Costco by forecasting the business cash flows and performing valuation. The final product was a client ready investor presentation.
By the end of the program Julio had gained the same on-the-job skills professionals take years to develop, giving him a tremendous competitive advantage. Julio credits much of his early success to our program and the valuable skill he developed which he applies on the job today