Who We Are:
Romero Mentoring is reshaping the way students learn finance education to be job-ready. We provide one-on-one finance career mentoring programs to college students through our custom-designed mentoring/EdTech platform. Our successful training and mentoring formula is a new and better learning experience for students.
We are a purpose and mission-driven team that helps students and professionals achieve their careers goals. We are looking for entrepreneurial, strategic, action-oriented individuals who are not afraid of hard work and have a passion for reshaping the future of education.
About The Position:
We are looking for working professionals from the financial services industry who are passionate about teaching and helping others. You will be responsible for helping our students realize their career dreams. This is a great opportunity for a professional to make an impact on the future of our company. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of professional experience in finance.
This is an outstanding opportunity for high-achieving individuals who want to be part of a rapidly growing company that offers various paths for personal and professional development.
- We understand that our career mentors are busy professionals so we work around your schedule
- Create your own schedule
- 2 hours per week of your choosing
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with mentoring, training, and the development of our students
- Help build rapport with mentee students by answering questions with thoughtful responses
- Provide feedback in a professional and constructive manner
- Maintain confidentiality and terms outlined in the mentorship agreement
- Underling that the mentorship relationship is not a tutoring service, however, if the mentee needs support with work, the mentor can be helpful
- Complete our career mentor training program
- Earn your Romero Mentoring Career Mentor Certification
Who we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, and ambitious personality who wants to help students succeed
- Ability to thrive in a start-up atmosphere with a dynamic, hands-on work environment
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance, economics, or a related field)
- Two years of analysis and financial modeling experience; Investment Banking or M&A experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirited and self-motivated
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Exceptional academic record
- Committed and proactive individual with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience with corporate valuations and an understanding of third-party due diligence
- Advanced use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a self-starter, with a driven and positive attitude, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Work under minimal management and supervision
- Hourly rate based on experience (competitive)
- If part-time, can lead to a full-time offer
- Equity compensation available