Who we are:
Romero Mentoring (“The Company”) helps students and professionals start their dream careers in finance. The Company offers career mentoring programs to students and professionals who want to break into the finance industry. We have been in operation since 2016, delivering one-on-one finance career mentoring programs. Over 250 students have completed our program, with over 90% of them having received full-time job offers from top banks and consulting firms. Our successful training and mentoring formula is a new and better learning experience for students.
We are a purpose and mission-driven team that helps students and professionals achieve their career goals. Our organization is made up of entrepreneurial, strategic, action-oriented individuals who are not afraid of hard work and have a passion for reshaping the future of higher education.
About the position:
This is a great opportunity for Pre-MBA candidates who have completed their investment banking analyst program, and are looking for transition opportunities before starting their MBA program.
As a training associate, you will have the opportunity to teach, advise and inspire the next generation of finance professionals. This is an outstanding opportunity for individuals who are passionate about teaching to be part of a growing company that supports and offers various paths for personal and professional development.
We are looking for training associates who are dedicated, work well with others, have patience, enjoy teaching and helping others understand complex concepts in a simple form. The ideal candidate is attentive to detail, has excellent verbal and communication skills, is organized and has the ability to multitask. Must have a deep passion for teaching and for sharing professional experiences with student analysts. Must possess a strong interest in working with students and junior talent in a start-up environment, have a strong understanding of financial modeling and valuation concepts, LBO, M&A, operations and business development.
The ideal candidate must have at least two years of bulge bracket or top tier boutique investment banking and / or private equity firm experience. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who excel in lean structures and want to be more involved in our growth phase.
Must have a computer with access to high-speed internet and is ready to work via Zoom calls with our student analysts during US working hours. Prior remote working experience is a plus but is not required.
- Serve as mentor and conduct one-on-one training review sessions with our student analysts
- Explain financial concepts and review student analysts’ financial modeling assignments during review sessions while providing feedback with focus on attention to detail and producing client-ready work
- Contribute to student learning, growth, advancement and serve as a role-model for students
- Build positive and productive relationships with student analysts and provide career guidance
- Collaborate with our team on key business development efforts as needed and be flexible to take on additional tasks/roles as our company grows
- Present and showcase our education products to university student clubs and corporate clients
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about company products and services
- Develop an extensive understanding of our career training programs and other educational products
- Assist in developing new programs and revise or update existing training materials as needed
- Complete Phase 1 of our Analyst Prep training program within 3 weeks of joining our team
- Maintain our 98% satisfaction rate rated by student analysts
Who we’re looking for:
- Has a passion for teaching, helping others reach their potential and building businesses
- High-level discipline, self-consciousness and ability to view problems from multiple perspectives
- Proven track record of leadership experience within an organization, community and university level
- Excellent written & spoken communication
- Very persistent, goal-oriented and extremely detail oriented
- Proven track record of high performance and achieving results
- Not afraid to take risks
- Must be able to work independently and function well with little direction
- Startup experience is not required, but candidate must be open to working in a startup environment
- Listening skills – ability to follow verbal communication in a fast paced environment, while asking questions to ensure full understanding of the task at hand
- Learning – having the drive to educate yourself in the field through in-house resources and other training opportunities
- 2 years of investment banking bulge bracket and / or private equity firm experience
- Mergers & Acquisitions group experience is a plus but not required
- MBA preferred or Bachelor’s Degree from a top business school
- Must have a passion for teaching financial concepts and investment banking
- Must have strong accounting, financial modeling and Excel skills
- Ability to schedule Zoom calls with student analysts for 1-on-1 review sessions
- Ability to answer student analysts’ questions via phone or email is must
- Excellent financial modeling and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Job Type: Part-time, flexible hours (can lead to a full-time opportunity based on performance)
- Compensation: Equity
- Work Location: Remote
- Travel: 0%