From International APP student to Investment Banking
Dhruv Jhunjhunwala enrolled in our 2019 Analyst Prep Program as a sophomore from New York University, Stern School of Business. He was an international student who wanted a career in Investment Banking. Like many of our students, he had no professional skills or relevant finance experience. It’s a typical problem college students face, many of whom feel lost and do not know where to turn to for help.
- After completing the program, he received an offer from the Royal Bank of Canada as a Full-Time Investment Banking Analyst.
- Dhruv currently works within the Financial Institutions Group on transaction deals in the Bank, Insurance, Asset Management, Specialty Finance, BDC’s and REIT sectors.
He was an international student, making it twice more challenging to land an internship or full-time offer because most firms do not provide work visas. Dhruv also had no technical skills or relevant internship experience and didn’t know where to start.
We provided Dhruv with our formula, which includes 196-hour of structured training, mentoring, internship, and career development.
- Dhruv received essential training in Excel and PowerPoint. We also focused on setting up a solid foundational base in accounting, valuation, and financial modeling, skills that helped him set the foundation for Investment Banking.
- We also taught Dhruv technical analysis and helped him build his stock portfolio as he was very interested in trading stocks.
- We also provided Dhruv with career training and an internship, where he received high levels of responsibilities to simulate on-the-job situations. For example, in a Walmart stock analysis case, he performed three disciplines of company valuation analysis (e.g., DCF, Sales, and EBITDA comps).
- The final deliverable project was an investment presentation illustrating his analysis.
As a college sophomore, Dhruv gained the same on-the-job skills professionals take years to develop, giving him a tremendous competitive advantage.
Dhruv is now on the career express lane.