Math Major Analyst Prep Student Breaks into Private Equity
Vishal Walia was part of our 2020 Analyst program as a rising college senior with little time to recruit. Like most individuals in college, Vishal had no professional skills, no relevant experience, or access to a professional network who worked in the industry. However, he had a strong drive and commitment to break into the industry. Vishal found our program doing a Google search for investment banking mentors online. With the help of our program he gained investment banking skills, hands on training, the right professional experience and 1-on-1 mentoring. After completing our program he was successful in security a private equity analyst role at Varma Capital.
- Vishal, after completing the Analyst Prep program received a private equity analyst offer at Varma Capital, a private equity firm focusing on consumer products.
- He later transition into investment banking focusing in restructuring to gain more transaction experience.
- He successfully secured a full-time offer at Piper Sandler, a boutique investment bank.
Vishal was a finance and mathematics major in his final year of college. As a college senior he had no professional skills, no relevant experience, or access to a professional network to help break into the industry. However, he had a strong drive and commitment to break into the industry. He believed our program would equip him with all the essentials needed to break into investment banking which it did. Vishal enrolled in our program in 2020.
We provided Vishal with our formula, which includes over 196-hour of structured training, mentoring, internship, and career development.
- Vishal received essential training in excel, accounting, valuation, and financial modeling.
- He worked on homework assignments in financial modeling, pitch book presentations and valuation that were reviewed during live classes to ensure he fully understood the course material.
- We also provided him with career training and an internship, where he received high levels of responsibilities to simulate on-the-job situations.
- He also learned investment strategies and developed a strong understanding of capital markets.
By the end of the program Vishal had gained the same on-the-job skills professionals take years to develop, giving him a tremendous competitive advantage.
Vishal credits much of his early success to our program and the valuable skill he developed which he applies on the job today.