Romero Mentoring places talented, economically disadvantaged students in the career express lane.
In the first seven months of 2020, Romero Mentoring has awarded over $100,000 in scholarship funds towards its Analyst program, making it more affordable to college students.
The Romero Mentoring Analyst Fellowship Program aims to improve 1) the lack of financial literacy and 2) the income inequality gap. Our sponsors’ consideration and partnership will help the lives of many economically disadvantaged and highly talented students. We strive to create opportunities to bring about positive change.
Romero Mentoring Annual Mentoring Mixer
Analyst Fellowship Program Overview
We seek to make business and finance education more accessible to talented, traditionally underrepresented students at an economic disadvantage. We aim to increase diversity within the finance industry.
How it Works
1) Corporate partners and sponsored firms pay for the program tuition for each sponsored student in the form of a scholarship.
2) Romero Mentoring will source, vet, recruit, train, and mentor top qualified students via its Analyst Prep Program.
3) Analyst certifications are given to candidates who successfully complete the 212 program hours.
Students in our program will gain technical and soft professional skills, which will allow them to pursue six-figure careers in finance. The result is upward mobility for the student and highly productive talent for our corporate sponsors. This is a win for all parties.
Who is the Program For?
Underrepresented and economically disadvantaged minority college students.
- Format: Online
- Internship: Yes
- Duration: 15 – 20 weeks
- Total program hours: 212
- Learning: 25 courses (accounting, excel, financial modeling, investment analysis, presentation skills, due diligence, transaction modeling, and more)
Corporate Partner Benefits
- Talent pipeline for full-time and internship positions.
- Access our growing network of over 400 highly trained finance professionals.
- Career Portal access to enjoy features like company profile, job posting, featured jobs, and candidate short-listing.
To Our Corporate Partners
- As a corporate partner of Romero Mentoring, you become part of our Analyst Sponsored Fellowship Program, which aims to offer underrepresented low-income college students scholarships and career opportunities in the finance and investment profession. Your commitment will change the lives of many highly talented students who will become future industry leaders.
Program Guiding Principles
- Truth and integrity
- Innovate, always improve
- Learning obsessions
- Helping by serving others
About Romero Mentoring
Our mission is to use education to make the world a better place. Since 2016, Romero Mentoring has delivered one-on-one finance career mentoring programs to college students. Over 300 students have completed the Analyst Prep program, with over 90% receiving full-time job offers from top investment banks and consulting firms.
- 15,000 mentoring & training hours earned
- 700 trained professionals and students
- 127 hours of professional training content
- 25 courses in the field of finance and investing
Luis Romero, founder of Romero Mentoring, spent five years developing an analyst training program that he wishes he had when he was in college – especially one that gave him access to a complete training and finance internship experience that could advance his career. Since no opportunity like this existed to him at the time, Luis went through a stressful recruiting process like so many others have. He successfully landed a full-time job offer upon graduation and worked as an M&A analyst at Credit Suisse in NYC for two years. He then moved to the buy-side as a junior trader and analyst. After gaining experience there, he created his own fund, Romero Capital, and later become an instructor in financial modeling and valuation. After working with hundreds of professionals and analysts, Luis became committed to creating his own mentoring program because he understood the crucial need for a hands-on, personal experience in the competitive world of finance.