Shorten your learning curve. Learn the financial analysis and investing skills with the hands-on experience needed to become a professional analyst.
Who is the Program’s Target Audience?
Suppose you are a student, a rookie investor, or a professional looking to become a more intelligent investor, gain professional analyst skills, and learn practical applications. If that’s the case, this program is right for you.
Learn how to analyze companies and how the macro environment will impact the business. These are the same skills applied by investment bankers, hedge fund analysts, and private equity investors when evaluating an opportunity. Our Investment Analyst Starter Kit will teach you the concepts and skills to become a more intelligent investor.
The Analyst Investing Essentials Program is designed to teach students all the technical skills needed to become a more thoughtful investor and for a career in finance as an investment analyst. These skills are applied by finance professionals each day on the job. Our curriculum is comprised of 14 modules, 53 hours of course content, 2 case studies, 6 financial modeling exercises, and an introduction to stock investing.
Our curriculum comprises 14 modules, 44 hours of course content, 2 case studies, 6 financial modeling exercises, and an introduction to stock investing.
- Stock Investing Course
- Business & Analyst Training
- Case Studies
1. Introduction to Stock investing
Introduction to the stock market, investing principles and advance investing strategies.
Module 1. Introduction to Stocks Strategies Preview:
- Module 1. Introduction To Stocks Strategies
- Module 2. Event Driven Investing Strategy
- Module 3. Alpha Stock Growth Strategy
- Module 4. Price Action & Scanning for Opportunities
- Module 5. Introduction to Technical Analysis
- Module 6. Stock Market Sentiment
- Module 7. Introduction to Valuation
- Module 8. Performing Due Diligence
- Module 9. Introduction to Options
- Module 10. Portfolio and Risk Management
2. Business & Analyst Training
Module 11. Business Fundamentals Preview:
- Module 11. Business Fundamentals: learn Excel, accounting principles, analyze financial statements and how to perform company due diligence
- Module 12. Financial Modeling: learn how to forecast an income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and supporting schedules
- Module 13. Corporate Valuation: learn comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow, and sum of parts valuation
- Module 14. Technical Analysis: learn market sentiment, and the most important technical indicators utilized mainly by professional traders.
3. Case Studies
Learn how to build 2 investment cases from scratch applying your analyst professional skills. Consider this your hedge fund investment or interview case study projects.
- Amazon Investment Case
- Domino’s Pizza Case
Access Our Platform
- Education portfolio
- Romero Research
- Community newsfeed
- Live sessions
The Analyst Investing Essentials Program assignments are grounded in best industry practices giving you a complete immersion into the world of a professional analyst. You will master the skills applied by professionals on Wall Street each day. By the end of the course, you will have a strong understanding of stock analysis, company valuation, and structuring an investment case.
With this program you will build the right professional skills that employers are looking for. In our program you will learn the skills applied by investment bankers, hedge funds, and private equity analysts on the job each day.
- Become a smarter investor
- Increase your salary
- Pursue a career in finance
- Create investment presentations like a pro
Watch Our Student in Action
Featured Case Studies
Amazon Inc. Case Study Overview (13 hours)
In 2020 Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) stock price had increased ~24%, outperforming most of the stock market by about 36 percentage points. This case study covers key events that caused Amazon’s stock price to increase. We also discuss valuation analysis to determine if the stock price is currently undervalued or fairly valued by the market. Learn how to analyze a company like a fundamental investment analyst from scratch and execute its financial Modeling, valuation, and investment presentation with detailed guidance every step of the way
Domino’s Pizza, Inc. (14 hours)
This case study teaches how a market professional applies financial Modeling, valuation, and technical analysis techniques to value a business. Students learn how to use judgment and solve difficulties when valuating public companies. Domino’s Pizza, Inc. stock was up ~18% in 2019. Is DPZ stock reasonably priced, or is the market mispricing future value?
- Stock investing principles
- Financial statements modeling and building scenarios
- Valuation methodologies
- Building comparable company analysis
- Choosing the appropriate set of comps
- Source of public information
- Calculating Equity & Enterprise value
- Adjustments: non-recurring items
- Relevant trading / leverage multiples
- Discounted Cash Flow methodology
- Calculating WACC
- Estimating terminal value (exit multiple vs. perpetuity growth rate)
- Determining valuation ranges with sensitivity analysis
- Arriving to an implied valuation range
- Precedent transaction comparable
- Technical analysis
- And much more
What You’ll Learn
- Investing in the stock market
- Accounting principles
- Excel crash course
- How to perform company due diligence
- How to build a custom three statement financial model
- How to value a company from a professional analyst perspective
- The essentials of discounted cash flow analysis modeling using Excel
- How to perform sensitivity analysis table
- Terminal EBITDA & DCF valuation methods
- Perpetuity DCF valuation method
- Football Field analysis
- How to spread trading comps
- How to create an investment presentation
- How to size an industry
- Many more concepts
Build Fundamental Professional Skills in:
- Investment banking
- Hedge funds
- Private equity
- Corporate development
- Equity research
Are There Any Course Requirements or Prerequisites?
- You should have a strong commitment to learning a new skill
- You will need Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint 2007, 2010 or newer version
- Everything you’ll need is included in this program
Who This Course is For:
- Students looking to learn more about investing in the stock market
- Anyone looking to develop professional analyst skills and become a smarter investor
- Anyone looking to acquire the core technical and soft skills professionals on Wall Street implement on the job
- Anyone looking to learn financial modeling, company valuation and stock analysis skills
About Romero Mentoring
Since 2016, Romero Mentoring investment banking training and internship programs have been delivering career mentoring to job seekers, professionals, and college students pursuing careers in finance. We’ve helped hundreds of students start their careers on Wall Street through our Analyst Prep and Associate Programs. Our graduates work at top-bulge bracket banks and consulting firms, including Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, McKinsey, and many more.
In just 15-weeks you can become a world-class finance professional with our fully immersive internship and Investment Banking Training Programs.